Search Market Research reports

Global Protective Packaging Market - By Raw Material (Plastic, Glass, Metal and Paper), Product (Blisters, paperboard, Foil pouches, Shrink Films, Paper bags, Foil bags, Bubble Bags, Corrugated Rolls, Foam Rolls, Bubble Wraps, Foam Sheets and others), Vertical, Packaging, Geography, Trends, Forecasts - (2017 - 2022)

Protective packaging refers to the use of various packaging materials to safeguard and shield the core product from damages. Protective packaging can be used either as a primary packaging material or a secondary packaging material depending upon the products  end-use application. Vendors in this industry provide protective packaging solutions through regular innovations for end-use industries like automotive, electronics, pharmaceuticals, and others to safely reach the end-consumers. The global protective packaging market was worth USD 22.25 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 30.97 billion in 2022, at a CAGR of 5.67% during the period 2017 - 2022. Asia-Pacific lead the protective packaging market with a share of 38% in 2014 and is estimated to grow at a rate of 7% per annum during the projected period, while Europe is projected to witness CAGR of 2% for the same period. Factors like rising increase in disposable income, urbanization are some of the major factors driving the demand for protective packaging solutions. E-commerce industry growth is another major factor augmenting the demand for protective packaging solutions. However, fluctuations in raw material prices is a restraint to the growing market. The market is highly fragmented with top eleven companies constituting only 20% of the market share while the rest 80% of the market is by small and niche players across the globe. Global protective packaging market has been segmented on the basis of material (plastic, glass, metal and paper), products (blisters, paper board, foil pouches, shrink films, paper bags, foil bags, bubble bags, corrugated rolls, foam rolls, bubble wraps, foam sheets and others), packaging (primary packaging, secondary packaging), verticals (food, automotive, pharmaceuticals, construction, electronics, industry and transport, beauty, home care and others) and geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa). Some of the major vendors mentioned in the report are Automated Packaging Systems, Sonoco, Pregis Corporation, Mold-Rite Plastics. What the report offers Market definition for the global protective packaging market, along with identification of key drivers and restraints. Market analysis for the global protective packaging market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the protective packaging market on both global and regional scale. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.

Published By: Mordor Intelligence
Published Date: Q1 2017

Get In Touch

Speak to Ananlyst

Enquiry Before Buying

Request for Customization

Request For Discount

Share With Your Friend

Related Reports