Global Non-Halogenated Flame Retardants Market - Segmented by Type, Industry Application, and Geography - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
The Global Non-Halogenated Flame Retardants Market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.18% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. North America was the largest market, accounting for almost 39% of the global market share in 2017. Rising Consumer Electrical and Electronic Goods Manufacturing in Asia-Pacific region Recently, the electrical and electronic goods industry has been witnessing an increasing demand for militarized electronics; and flame-retardants are increasingly being used in all kinds of electronics. Of late, most of the electronic manufacturers are outsourcing their production to low-cost countries in Asia, especially China, Taiwan and other South-East ASEAN countries, and a few other countries from different regions. This shift is more pronounced in segments where there is greater involvement of labor, such as manufacturing of passive electronic components, semiconductor assembly, and testing operations.
Furthermore, the demand for consumer electronic products is rising in the region, owing to the increasing demand middle class population coupled with growing household incomes, particularly in emerging markets in Asia. Thereby, providing easy access to the huge market. As a result, many brand owners and contract manufacturers have established production capacity in, or are shifting capacities to Asia-Pacific region. In 2017, electrical and electronics segment dominated the global market with a market share of more than 30%. Phosphorous Non-Halogenated Flame Retardants to dominate the Global Market Red phosphorus is an effective flame retardant used in the form of polyamides, polycarbonates and polyesters owing to its thermal stability and non-toxic nature.
With growing concerns over harmful nature of halogen-based flame retardants, much research is now focused toward halogen-free flame retardants, which has led to the development of various aromatic phosphates. Among these, triphenyl phosphate (TPP), resorcinol bis (diphenyl phosphate) (RDP) and bisphenol-A bis (diphenyl phosphate) (BDP) have achieved great commercial success in recent years and have been actively replacing the traditional flame retardants. BDP or bridged aromatic diphenyl phosphates, such as resorcinol BDP and bisphenol-A BDP, possess greater thermal stability, low volatility and higher efficiency, which have found a broad range of applications and have a fast growing market. Another actively reported group of compounds are the metal salts of dialkylphosphonic acid as well as calcium hypophosphite, which have recently been found to be particularly effective in poly (butylene terephthalate) and polycarbonate.
North America to dominate the market through 2023 United States dominated the North America market in 2017, owing to the growth in the end-user industries such as building and construction. United States, which has the largest construction industry in North America is growing at an alarming rate with market expected to cross USD 460 billion in residential sector and USD 700 billion in the non-residential sector. The industry is primarily being driven by the continuous investments in office buildings, highways and, street projects. The electronics industry in the country is declining; however, the electronic hardware market is experiencing good growth. This is expected to add to the demand for non-halogenated flame retardant chemicals market.
Key Developments in the Market
• August 2017: FRX Polymers, a manufacturer of polymeric halogen-free flame retardant solutions, announced the availability of the company’s Nofia non-halogenated polyphosphonates, which will serve as a replacement for antimony (ATO) in brominated flame retardant systems
• April 2017: LANXESS successfully completed the acquisition of US-based Chemtura, a leading manufacturer of flame retardant chemicals, aiding LANXESS in expanding their customer base in both North America and China
The major key players in the market are
NABALTEC AG, HUBER ENGINEERED MATERIALS, BASF SE, ICL, DAIHACHI CHEMICAL INDUSTRY CO., LTD, CLARIANT AG, DIC CORPORATION, and CHEMTURA CORPORATION; while other players include APEXICAL INC., DSM N.V., DOWDUPONT, ETI MADEN, ITALMATCH CHEMICALS S.P.A., JIANGSU YOKE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD, MPI CHEMIE B.V., LANXESS, NIPPON CARBIDE INDUSTRIES CO., INC. (SANWA CHEMICAL CO., LTD.), NYACOL NANO TECHNOLOGIES, INC., RIN KAGAKU KOGYO CO., LTD., RTP COMPANY, SHANDONG BROTHER SCI. &TECH. CO., LTD, SUMITOMO CORPORATION, THOR COMPANY, AND TOR MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities
• Various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• Regions or countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
• Information about the industry application segment which is going to dominate the market over the forecast period
• The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
• 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimation sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
• This Global Non-Halogenated Flame Retardants Market Research Report can be customized to meet your requirements.
Published By: Mordor Intelligence
Published Date: Q1 2018