Global Military Fixed-Wing Aircraft Market - Analysis of Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
Globally, major countries are expected to invest significantly in replacing aging aircraft fleets. After the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the United States and other allied countries in Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America were left with damaged aircraft and other military equipment. Thus, large-scale upgrades and replacement programs were required. Although the United States invests frequently in upgrading and modernizing military aircraft, the country still faces a dire need to procure new and more advanced aircraft to sustain its global military dominance.
Over 2018-2023 (the forecast period), the United States is expected to invest heavily in multi-role aircraft, with a primary focus on the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program. Under the program, the country plans to procure a total of XX F-35 multi-role fighters by 2037. The growth in the sector is expected to be primarily driven by the KC-46A program, under which, the country plans to purchase aerial refueling tankers in 2017. Market Segmentation: The military fixed-wing aircraft market is dominated by North America, followed by Asia-Pacific and Europe. The market is expected to be driven by the replacement of ageing military aircraft, increased internal and external security threats, and modernization strategies.
In military aircraft, the multi-role and transport aircraft segments are expected to account for 59.3% and 23% of the market, while the reconnaissance and surveillance aircraft and bombers segments share 12.5% of the market. Moreover, large multi-role platform development programs are being performed by nations, such as India, South Korea, Pakistan, and Japan to counter the rising prices of the US and European-made fighter jets.
Key Industry Players :
Key players in the military fixed wing aircraft market are LOCKHEED MARTIN, AVIC, SUKHOI, DASSAULT AVIATION, BOEING, AND SAAB.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
• Current and future market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
• Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• The segment that is expected to dominate the market
• Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
• Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
• 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Report Customization and Benefits:
• This Global Military Fixed-Wing Aircraft Market Research report can be customized to meet the desired requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure that you get a report that suits your needs.
Published By: Mordor Intelligence
Published Date: Q1 2018